←  Chit chat

Bike Hub

»

Flooding in Centurion

Mojoman's Photo Mojoman 03 Feb 2014

Looks like Centurion doesn't need any more rain!
c1.jpg
c2.jpg

We have had 80mm+ in Magalies since 5am.

Slowbee's Photo Slowbee 03 Feb 2014

is that a road or a river running under the building ?

Raab's Photo Raab 03 Feb 2014

is that a road or a river running under the building ?

River

IanC's Photo IanC 03 Feb 2014

Where in Centurion?

rouxtjie's Photo rouxtjie 03 Feb 2014

Where in Centurion?

Around hennops

Centurion mall, cricket ground etc etc

Wayne Potgieter's Photo Wayne Potgieter 03 Feb 2014

I rode passed Irene Country club, the only way you could tell it was a golf course was that the water had flags sticking out.

Thats gonna cost big bucks to fix.

Think that is Lenchen Road in the pics

I rode passed Irene Country club, the only way you could tell it was a golf course was that the water had flags sticking out.

Thats gonna cost big bucks to fix.

I am more worried about Big Red Barn

If you are on Facebook there are more pics here:

https://www.facebook...ipalityWatchdog

Uni's Photo Uni 03 Feb 2014

wow that's hectic - took a detour through Midrand this morning in an attempt to avoid traffic - got to a point where I saw taxis' turning back - one road was totally flooded over and water was gushing out - i thought it must have been a river or a stormwater drain - it turned out to be a house - some serious flooding in the low lying agricultural areas.

the insurance companies are going to have a tough time, and the alternate routes are a mess with pot holes.

wow that's hectic - took a detour through Midrand this morning in an attempt to avoid traffic - got to a point where I saw taxis' turning back - one road was totally flooded over and water was gushing out - i thought it must have been a river or a stormwater drain - it turned out to be a house - some serious flooding in the low lying agricultural areas.

the insurance companies are going to have a tough time, and the alternate routes are a mess with pot holes.

I was reading about substations blowing up as well!

I was reading about substations blowing up as well!

where, that would just be the cherry on top if we had rolling power outages as well. Hope not.
but it's quite a scary wake up call to how dodge our infrastructure is. Yea we can't predict crazy heavy storms but the road planning along with cleaning up stormwater drains and the litter is a big problem.

Cellar's Photo Cellar 03 Feb 2014

wow that's hectic -

No, hectic is I rode through that storm around 8 this morning on two wheels.

No, hectic is I rode through that storm around 8 this morning on two wheels.

You're very brave, i was feeling very sorry for the commuters - and arseholes in cars that cant' even slow down through massive puddles splashing them further :-(

lets make MTB gr8 again's Photo lets make MTB gr8 again 03 Feb 2014

Around hennops

Centurion mall, cricket ground etc etc

first test starts next wednesday...wonder what this does to the pitch preparations!