CrankChaos Maluti Mountainbike Festival
- 5 stages all accessible via the T-Bar ski lift
- Its a race against your mates. Four downhill tracks merging into on sprint to the finish through a series of jumps and berms. Top two riders of each heat goes through to a knock out final.
- Mass start at the bottom of the ski lift. Put your foot down and your out. Rider who pedals up the slope the furtherest wins.
- The name says it all. Biggest gnarliest whip wins
- For those who are not into gravity mountainbiking there are two longer marathon type outrides each setup as a segment. There will be prizes up for grabs for the fastest times on both. There will also be segments setup on all Enduro and Downhill tracks.
- Head to head race through berms and gates with a few obstacles thrown in to make it all the more exciting. Knock-out format, top rider in each heat goes through to next round. Action packed and super fun event for riders and spectators alike.
The CrankChaos MTB Festival is unique and definitely one for the bucket list. Emulating events like Crankworx and the Colorado Freeride Festival, CrankChaos brings you the very best that mountain biking has to offer. The event is hosted by Afriski Mountain Resort in the beautiful Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho, which at 3 222m above sea level makes it the highest festival of its kind on the African continent.
Once again, CrankChaos will be revolutionising the way MTB enthusiasts interact and engage with the latest gear and equipment in the mountain biking industry. By bringing together the biggest brand names in mountain biking, participants will be able to practically test and rate the tech on show while being able to engage with and ask questions of the respective brands and manufacturers. They can maximise their experience by hooking onto the only Mountain Bike Uplift in Africa which will give them over 200m in vertical gain in under 7 minutes. Once at the top, they can then choose from a myriad of tracks to get down the mountain again, testing the bikes and equipment in their natural environment.
The Festival will offer a variety of fun and competitive event options including 5 different downhill lines, enduro, downhill eliminator, dual slalom, whipp off, hillclimb and the strava challenge for the more social riders. For those who want to explore and make the most of their time at Afriski, there is a extensive trail network. Add to that the opportunity to test and ride the latest in mountain bike technology, awesome live evening entertainment and the traditional world class Afriski hospitality you can be sure that this is a weekend not to be missed.
The event kicks off on Thursday with Dual Slalom race and end off the weekend with a banger themed after party. With only 300 guaranteed spots available you don’t want to miss out.
All inclusive packages range from R3470 in the backpacker to R4925 in a luxury mountain chalet. There are also spectator packages available for those who are not riding.
Riders Packages include:
3 nights accommodation
Meals from Thursday Night to Breakfast on Sunday
Week Lift and Trail Pass
Entry into all event
For more info and to book your spot, head over to www.Crankchaos.com.