Winners of the 2016 LOVETHEBIKE Challenge
Just like in previous editions, 2016 saw an incredible amount of "bike love" being dished out from those atop the leaderboard. Over the 21 days our 712 participants collectively tallied up some impressive figures:
- 231 118 kilometers - that's the equivalent of cycling 5.8 times around Earth
- 10 965 hours - which works out to 15 months non-stop on a bike
- And they burned 6.76 million calories - approximately 2 704 pizzas or 16 902 beers
The winners of LOVETHEBIKE 2016
Men Overall - Ham D Kuys
Distance: 3,121.32 km
Time: 119.1 hours
Women Overall - Sanet Coetzee
Distance: 2,105.07 km
Calories: 38,861.91 Cal
Time: 79.2 hours
Lucky Draw - Danie van Zyl
(6000 calories or more)
Distance: 388.34 km
Calories: 12,118.70 Cal
Time: 15.0 hours
More about the competition
Food Lover’s Market is the official food sponsor of the FNB Wines2Whales. Not only will they make sure riders are fuelled up on the most delicious and nutritious food at the event, but they also gave those who missed out a chance to ride their way into a 2016 FNB W2W spot!
The three competition categories each had a 2016 FNB W2W Ride team entry up for grabs:
- Men – Most kilometers ridden over the 21 day period.
- Women – Most kilometers ridden over the 21 day period.
- Lucky Draw – Burn at least 6000 calories over the period to qualify for this lucky draw category.
Spot prizes of a R1000 Food Lover's Market voucher were also given away weekly. This winner in each week was drawn randomly from those who'd burned 2000 or more calories in the 7 days prior. (Spot prize winners: W1- Jacques De Witt, W2 - Rameez Abrahams
, W3 - Scott Corry)
See www.lovethebike.com for the full leaderboard and competition details