WATCH: Pottie's Val di Sole World Cup track preview

Four-time South African Downhill Champion Johann Potgieter takes you down the absolutely frightening 2018 Val di Sole track ahead of Saturday's UCI World Cup race. Watch the video below.

Pipsqueak, Jul 06 2018 07:44

That is a monster of a track!

Yo-Yo, Jul 06 2018 08:31

Fair play Pottie, that looks ridiculous. Well done and good luck.

TheJ, Jul 06 2018 08:54

That turn he stuffed up, as he was approaching I thought to myself.... wrong line buddy. And I was right, haha. Pottie is a lekker oke, raced him in a few arb XCO races back home, strong a boy.

MarcHD, Jul 06 2018 09:27

Why don’t you show your “buddy” and the rest of us how it’s done next time then?

Capricorn, Jul 06 2018 10:24

Now that is the quiintessential DH track. But honestly, we need more indepth, on the ground type of show-n-tell cathro style to really appreciate the level of beastiness of this type of track. Cameras don't do it justice.

Grebel, Jul 06 2018 10:59

I puckered a few times watching that....

Edit: OK I actually got cramp because I was puckering for that whole run...

That is properly gnarly.

Thermophage, Jul 06 2018 11:02

That was sick, Pottie pinning :) Track looks amazing. Hope we get some better footage of the tech sections on RedBull for a change.

You guys see the XCO track preview? Wish the WP XCO tracks looked even remotely as technical! That would really help upskill our locals so much better.

Even our local DH tracks here have nothing on this track. WOW.

Pipsqueak, Jul 06 2018 11:31

MBMtbGirl, Jul 06 2018 12:25

Sjo

AdrianDJ, Jul 06 2018 12:36

Even our local DH tracks here have nothing on this track. WOW.

amen

Bibi, Jul 06 2018 01:14

Pottie !! Proud of you dude. You're a legend and inspiration for many.

Happy Trails my friend.

TheJ, Jul 06 2018 02:16

Who said he was my buddy? Raced each other a few times. And pulling "Oh go show us how its done then" move is a bit lame don't you think?

SwissVan, Jul 07 2018 10:06

Rather them than me... I'll watch