Challenge your friends in the 2018 Bike Hub Fantasy Tour

The annual Bike Hub Tour de France Fantasy Tour is back for 2018. This year Bike Hub is offering a Wahoo KICKR indoor smart trainer for the Fantasy Tour overall winner. We have also introduced a pools feature allowing you and your friends to face off in your own leagues.

Fantasy Tour 2018 Banner.jpg

Grand Prize

The overall Fantasy Tour points leader will be riding indoors in style with a Wahoo KICKR Smart Trainer and a Wahoo hamper valued at over R 26,000.

wahoo_kickr prize.jpg

Weekly Prizes

To keep you on track each week we'll be giving away a Knog lights hamper to two lucky contenders. Check out the prizes page for all the details.

Knog PWR Riderknog_pwr.jpg

Knog Blinder Mob V Mr Chips Rear Lightknog_blinder.jpg

How it works

The Fantasy Tour is all about picking your very own Tour de France dream team. You can choose any riders from any team to make up the ultimate virtual team.
  • Pick your squad of 12 riders: 8 active riders and 4 substitutes.
  • Team submissions close once the Tour begins: at 11h10 SAST on Saturday, 7 July 2018.
  • Substitutes: On the two rest days during the race you'll have the opportunity to substitute riders. You can drop the non-performers or bring in some fresh legs.
  • Once substituted, riders can be used again, however points are only allocated while a rider is active.... if they're on the bench you don't score points.

Pools

This year we have included a new a feature, public and private pools. Now you can square up against your friends, families, and colleagues. Get started by creating your own pools here.

Fantasy Tour Enter Now.png

CASSIE1975, Jun 28 2018 03:05

:thumbup:  AWESOME THANX AGAIN FOR 2018 TDF FANTASY LEAGUE  :clap:  can not wait!

Fond_TF2, Jun 28 2018 03:06

Thanks

Imploder, Jun 28 2018 03:24

AWESOMENESS!!! Was nervous this wasn't going to happen this year! The TDF is not the TDF without the Bikehub fantasy league.

Thanks for organising!

Pure Savage, Jun 28 2018 03:49

I hate this game.

I start out all... I know my stuff, I have seen this play out for 5 years, I know who makes the most points, I am going to ROCK this competition.

Then I get to choosing riders, scrolling past the likes of Sagan, Bernal, Froome, Valverde and the plan goes out the window and I am like, oh look, Thomas de Gent, THOMAS DE GENT!!  THOMAS DE GENT!!!! GET IN THERE MY BOI!! BODNAR YOU MONSTER PULL IN!!!!  Bobby Jungels my china, pull through, love it! TIESJ you crazy son of a gun get into the starting line up! TURBO DURBO YOU BEAUT, GET YOUR CHIN IN THE GAME!! Chad Haga I like your short summary tweets you are in!! Taylor Phinney, your sock game is so so good you get a spot. MATTY HAYMAN, MR ZWIFT you Roubaix winner get your cobble over here...

Then I am left with 4 subs and put Sagan, Bernal, Rioglic and Gavaria.

Then dont log into leaderboard till August...

Damn... every time.

Boardie, Jun 28 2018 04:12

Pure Savage is bang on the mark...

My first two attempts were so well considered, planned and executed, and best icould do was outside the top 100! :wacko:

Last year I went to the casino :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: and I climbed through the last week into the top 10 and got a weekly prize courtesy f my wild card selections :w00t: !!!

So here we go again - bring it on, and to my wild card selections: "Go you good things!"

Cheers BikeHub for running this again this year.

9 more sleeps!!!

Frosty, Jun 28 2018 07:04

I managed to time my holiday to coincide with the first week of the Tour. So I can safely make my picks and not worry about being away on the rest day.

Thanks Admin & Co., another year of not having to worry about anything.

shaper, Jun 28 2018 07:21

Will have the same game plan as the previous years... start close to the bottom of the log and slowly work my way up to an also ran! :) ;)

dexterdent, Jun 29 2018 08:13

Oh man, this year has some HARD picks.

After last year's close call I got so used to thinking I have a road bike that I ended up buying one :)

Andrew Steer, Jun 29 2018 08:18

The key to my success this year will be to skip on selecting Louis... and watch him then have an absolutely spectacular tour

Eldron, Jun 29 2018 08:20

I wish I had never entered this stupid competition! Check, recheck, read new article double check, doubt self, change rider, change rider back, read another article, start over.

I hate you bikehub.

Pure Savage, Jun 29 2018 08:21

Oh man, this year has some HARD picks.

There we go!

Pure Savage, Jun 29 2018 08:21

Is there more than one Louis riding TDF???

Pure Savage, Jun 29 2018 08:23

I hate you bikehub.

The best was the year I had Carlos Betancur, from his spring results he was flying, then he pitched at the tour after having one too many banana breads on the coffee rides. Kudo's to the oke, he shed the weight by the time he got to Paris.

Patchelicious, Jun 29 2018 08:31

Oh man, this year has some HARD picks.

Sometimes counting your chickens before they hatch is a good thing :)

Patchelicious, Jun 29 2018 08:34

Thanks Hubboss! Going to be fun again!

I hate this game cause, I suck at it. But mostly because I try to choose with my head and not my heart, then I end up cheering for people I don’t like cause they are on my team.

Goooo Valverde!!! - it just feels gross, I need to have a shower.

S-Bike, Jun 29 2018 08:37

Not sure how to begin trying to pick who will get big points in the combativity and KOM categories... any tips? :ph34r:

Eldron, Jun 29 2018 08:43

Alexander Kristoff  :devil:  :devil:

S-Bike, Jun 29 2018 08:44

Thanks- a man with true climbing pedigree- I'll be sure to pick him

Pure Savage, Jun 29 2018 08:57

Thanks Hubboss! Going to be fun again!

Goooo Valverde!!! - it just feels gross, I need to have a shower.

It looks very strange!

The normal trap is for South Africans to chose the Maincheese then shout at him the whole tour to attack or move off last wheel...

juan pelota, Jun 29 2018 09:20

Click here to view the article

looks like the points allocation has been skewed more towards stage positions.

which is awesome, keeps it much more open than just getting a handful of good gc okes coming off.

CASSIE1975, Jun 29 2018 09:25

looks like the points allocation has been skewed more towards stage positions.

Yes, looks very similar to last year...not only GC riders to pick, but a mix of guys and then who will end up top 10 in all the categories come Paris...

Dirkitech, Jun 29 2018 09:27

I'm just here to see how badly I can do at the fantasy tour :clap:

Eldron, Jun 29 2018 09:33

I'm just here to see how badly I can do at the fantasy tour :clap:

I'll race you for the lanterne rouge  :whistling:

Patchelicious, Jun 29 2018 09:38

I'm just here to see how badly I can do at the fantasy tour :clap:

Easy, pick Louis, Pinot and Teejay

Escapee.., Jun 29 2018 09:41

I'm just here to see how badly I can do at the fantasy tour :clap:

My first attempt this year so I am with you.