As a headline sponsor and official health club partner of the Absa Cape Epic, Virgin Active is giving away 1 of 2 team entries (including kit & support) into the race as well as an Absa Cape Epic Trippers Experience to the runner up member and their riding buddy.
How? The Virgin Active Epic Battle – eight weeks of powering through four epic challenges, designed to actively motivate and exorcise the slightest hint of lazy from your body. Each of these challenges are linked to Strava and include both outdoor and indoor challenges. Competing contestants can complete their indoor challenges at Virgin Active on state-of-the-art bikes and by taking part in group exercise classes such as Ride, Shape, The Grid and POUND. The challenges can be done at the riders’ convenience, within set timeframes.
Patrick Hardy, Head of Strategic Partnerships and Sponsorships at Virgin Active South Africa, says that the Virgin Active Epic Battle is designed to get riders to challenge themselves to reach their goals, have fun and be rewarded while Virgin Active supports them along the way. “So many of our members dream of taking part in this extraordinary race and we’re delighted to be able to give them a special chance to do so.”
Even if you’re keen to take part in just one or two of the challenges, sign up as there are awesome prizes to be won for each.
For full details on how to enter the Virgin Active Epic Battle, go to: www.virginactive.co.za/epicbattle
The Virgin Active Epic Battle Challenges
1. Build The Base: 2 Oct – 15 Oct 2017
Ride 400km in total over two weeks outdoors and/or using Virgin Active’s Wattbikes.
2. Head for The Hills: 16 Oct – 29 Oct 2017
Accumulate a total elevation of 5000m.
3. In for The Long Haul: 30 Oct – 12 Nov 2017
Complete two 4-hour sessions in the saddle, with a once-off moving time.
4. Riding With The Pack: 13 Nov – 26 Nov 2017
Attend four Virgin Active group exercise classes. Please note that all group classes will be bookable.
What you’ll need to enter
- Create a profile for the Virgin Active Epic Battle at www.virginactive.co.za/epicbattle and link your Strava account to track your rides.
- Choose your riding buddy.
- The challenges are open to all but to qualify for the grand prizes you need to be a Virgin Active member.
- Download the My VA app to make signing up for classes easier, or use the Virgin Active website. ONLY classes booked online will count towards your challenge entries.
Challenge Prize Winners