The NX Eagle drivetrain shares many technologies found in the GX, X01, and XX1 Eagle drivetrains. One significant change, however, is in the design of the cassette.
Like the 11-speed NX cassette, the NX Eagle cassette features one extra tooth on its smallest cog. This gives the NX Eagle cassette an 11-50T gear range compared to the rest of the Eagle family's 10-50T range. The larger small ring allows the NX Eagle cassette to be compatible with ordinary splined freehub bodies, doing away with the need to purchase a compatible XD freehub. Of course, those already on an XD hub with a SRAM 11-speed drivetrain will need to source a splined freehub should they want access to the budget 12-speed cassette. The NX Eagle cassette is said to be the toughest Eagle cassette promising the most durability. It is also approved for the additional forces of e-MTB use.
The NX drivetrain is fully compatible with components across SRAM's Eagle range should you wish to mix and match your Eagle components, including the NX Eagle derailleur which is designed to be compatible with the wider ranges of the GX, X01, and XX1 10-50T Eagle cassettes.
Local pricing and availability:
The SRAM NX 1x12 drivetrain is expected to retail at around R5,999 with the option of an upgrade kit at a lower price. NX Eagle stock should arrive August.
SRAM Eagle Drivetrain Claimed Weights (in grams):
For more information the NX Eagle drivetrain and each component, please see the press release from SRAM below.
Press Release: NX Eagle
Start with Eagle
Eagle Technology revolutionized the mountain bike experience by offering riders a 1x drivetrain solution that is purpose-built to be lightweight, strong and intuitive, with the gear range to ride on any terrain. NX Eagle drivetrain is the newest addition to the Eagle 1x ecosystem, and shares technologies with XX1, X01 and GX drivetrains, which makes it 100-percent compatible within the Eagle ecosystem. NX Eagle delivers an ease of entry that will bring the benefit of Eagle performance to more riders than ever before.
Designed as One
SRAM Eagle drivetrains are designed, engineered and manufactured to work as complete drivetrain systems. All Eagle components are Designed as One, to guarantee Eagle range, durability and performance. Only genuine Eagle components meet SRAM’s design directive and testing protocols. No other company can claim its product meets our design directive. Everything you need. Nothing you don’t. Engineered in Germany.
This is Eagle.
NX Eagle Crankset
The SRAM NX crankset delivers Eagle styling and performance to the newest addition to the Eagle ecosystem. Designed for SRAM’s X-SYNC2 chainrings, the NX crankset is engineered for complete chain control—each tooth’s profile is precisely engineered to work quietly, efficiently and securely with the Eagle chain’s inner and outer links. DUB technology features a better-engineered bottom bracket and a new spindle design, which together allows for a more uniform approach to bottom bracket fitment, better sealing against contamination and forward and backward compatibility. Now everyone can benefit from a new measure of performance and durability.
- 6000 series forged aluminium arms.
- DUB technology features a uniform approach to bottom bracket fitment, better sealing against contamination and is forward and backward compatible.
NX Eagle Rear Derailleur
This new NX Eagle derailleur features the proven SRAM 1x-specific X-HORIZON design. The larger, 14-tooth X-SYNC lower pulley easily facilitates 11- to 50- and 10- to 50-tooth cassette capacity, and also adds to NX Eagle’s overall smooth-pedaling feel. The Type-3 ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH provides quiet, consistent performance and durability.
- Completely new rear derailleur incorporating our proven X-HORIZON design and Type-3 ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH technology.
- Eagle ecosystem-engineered mounting system and CAGE LOCK positioning add robustness.
- Eagle pulley technology provides greater efficiency, crisper shifting and quieter operation.
NX Eagle Trigger Shifter
New NX Eagle trigger shifter means on-demand gear selection throughout the entire wide range Eagle cassette. The massive range means you never have to worry about having the right gear for the terrain. NX Eagle means easy, intuitive shifting every time for every rider.
- Eagle Technology creates a smoother and more precise shifting system with exceptional reliability.
- Also available as a E-MTB specific Eagle shifter option limiting the pull lever to a single engagement.
- Compatible with Matchmaker X clamp.
PG-1230 Eagle Cassette
Ride anywhere with the wide-range PG-1230, 11- to 50-tooth Eagle cassette. The NX cassette gives riders every bit of the climbing range that the Eagle ecosystem affords with a simple upgrade to splined-drive body wheels. The PG-1230 is the only Eagle cassette designed to be durable enough to withstand the increased demands of E-MTB applications and a perfect solution to heavy-duty use and abuse.
- Compatible with 8-, 9- and 10-speed splined driver bodies.
- This PG-1230 cassette is an integral part of the SRAM Eagle drivetrain Ecosystem.
- Wide 11-50t gear range—a perfect fit for any ride with optimized gear steps across the entire range.
NX Eagle Chain
The basis of every Eagle drivetrain is its chain—and the NX Eagle chain is designed and manufactured using genuine SRAM’s Eagle architecture, so it is fully compatible with every other component in the Eagle ecosystem. The NX Eagle chain features solid pin construction, Eagle PowerLock and smooth, efficient shifting that you can count on every time out.
- Eagle PowerLock chain connector with FLOW LINK technology provides better chain-guiding and increased longevity.
- Unique features and design also provide significantly improved wear resistance on Eagle cassettes and rings.