Fox Metah Helmet
Fox's Metah builds on their original trail helmet the Flux with the Metah adapting to the demands of modern trail and all-mountain riders. The design principles behind the Metah were to create a helmet with broader coverage and protection while maintaining good breathability at a light weight.
- First Fox All Mountain helmet with lower coverage on back of head for added protection
- 10 Big Bore vents provide improved airflow and reduced weight
- Fox Varizorb multi-density impact reduction system provides superior protection
- Fixed anchor Y-Strap system offers simple on and off and improved fit
- Premium liner with sealed edges for increased comfort and moisture management
- Single hand dial actuated retention system provides easy adjustment
Read more about the launch of the Fox Metah here.
Specialized Power Pro Saddle
Specialized's new Power saddle shape is essentially a hybrid of several current Specialized saddles, borrowing the longer and wider cutout of the company's women-specific models, the broad and fairly flat cross-section of their MTB-focused Phenom, and the stubby nose and length of the TT and Triathlon Sitero.
The Power saddle's nose is about 3cm shorter than more traditional saddles and sits at a different angle at the tail end. Specialized recommends to install the saddle so the nose is level with the ground, which will make the tail flare up. When you’re bent down in the drops and pushing on the pedals, the flare in the back keeps your behind planted, rather than sliding backward on the saddle.
- Stiff FACT™ carbon fibre shell tuned for support and ride compliance.
- Super-light PU padding for comfort and support on longer rides.
- Lightweight and durable, hollow titanium rails.
- Tough, lightweight, water resistant cover.
- Level 1 padding: Lightest level of padding for the most direct connection to the bike.
- SWAT compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions.
- Size 143mm / Weight 211g
- Size 155mm / Weight 214g
- RRP R 2,599
The super lightweight Power Pro saddle features a stiff, FACT carbon shell with durable titanium rails to keep the weight down. Its Body Geometry design caters to both men and women and helps deliver superior performance while in a more aggressive position. Proven through blood-flow testing and pressure mapping, and featuring the lightest level of padding available, the extra wide and elongated Body Geometry channel and proper sit bone support provide all day comfort. Patented Body Geometry design is lab tested for both men and women to assure blood flow to sensitive arteries.
More information about the Power Pro saddle available on the Specialized website.
Stages Cycling SC3 Indoor Cycling Bike
In 2015 Stages Cycling increased its product offerings by adding the SC3 and SC2 indoor bikes to its already-popular line of crank-mounted power meters. The new SC Series bikes are a line of high-end indoor cycling bikes with an array of top-shelf features.
The SC3 is the flagship model and includes a Stages Power meter, while the SC2 offers all the same features except for the power meter.
The SC Series bikes share two new patents pending concepts: SprintShift and FitLoc. SprintShift is a dual-action resistance adjustment, which pairs a traditional micro-adjust dial with a three-position macro-adjust lever. The SprintShift lever allows large, consistent jumps in resistance for intervals and rest. FitLoc replaces the standard twist-to-lock pop-pin height adjustments with a new cam operated pop-pin, making fit adjustments for height faster and easier.
The SC3 model sports Stages' new rider-powered EcoSCRN console. EcoSCRN uses a hub dynamometer, rather than batteries to ensure ease of use and keep the motivation to keep going high. The addition of the Stages Power measurement system enables riders to train indoors and outdoors with the same technology.
Data capture via Bluetooth 4.0 or ANT+™ enabled sport devices (iOS and Android compatible). The power meter crank arm provides a claimed 2000+ hours battery life via two standard AA batteries