Fox announced their all-new Transfer seatpost in June this year. The D.O.S.S. replacement features an infinitely adjustable design with the choice of internal or external cable routing. Available with either 100mm, 125mm, 150mm with a standard dropper remote or a shift lever type that can be mounted on the left hand side of your bar if you're running a 1x drivertain. Fox worked hard on the design to achieve low lever force and great modulation to make it easy to regulate return speed and small height adjustments.
There is a range topping Factory Series that comes with Kashima Coat upper post or a performance series option with a black anodized upper post. Both versions are available in all three drop lengths and either 30.9 or 31.6
- Low lever force provides consistent actuation pressure even with saddle weighted or unweighted
- Two remote options: Left side below bar (for 1x) or Left/Right on bar (for 2x/3x)
- Cable actuated with tool-free quick disconnect for easier installation and removal
- 30.9 or 31.6 diameter
- Drop options: 4in (100 mm), 5in (125 mm), 6in (150 mm)
- Factory Series models feature Genuine Kashima Coat upper post
- Performance Series models feature black anodized upper post
BMC Teamelite 01 XT
The BMC Teamelite 01 is a hardcore cross-country race hardtail with a twist. The Teamelite features 15 mm of rear-end compliance using a technology named Micro Travel Technology (MTT).
So why add some damping to a hardtail? Even this small bit of compliance is said to aid efficiency, improve traction, and reduce fatigue. BMC claim that the Teamelite offers these advantages while maintaining the direct power transfer of a hardtail. We're interested to see how this translates out on the trail.
The BMC Teamelite 01 XT on test features a Fox 32 fork, a full Shimano XT drivetrain and stoppers, and a DT Swiss XR 1501 Spline ONE wheelset.
- FrameMTT Carbon 29
- ForkFox 32 Float Performance Elite Series FIT4 Remote 100mm
- ShockFox Float with remote lockout
- GroupsetShimano XT, 2x11, 36-26T, 11-40T
- BrakesShimano XT 160/160mm
- HandlebarBMC MFB01 Carbon 720mm
- Stem BMC MSM 02
- WheelsetDT Swiss XR 1501 Spline ONE
- Retail PriceR 71 499.00
Indola MTB Gear
Indola have been making kit for local cyclists since 1998. We've got their men's Perennial baggies and Snake top on test.
The Perennial baggies are a functional, reasonably priced pair of mountain bike shorts. These shorts come with a padded lycra inner. Retail price for the Perennial shorts are R963.00.
The Snake top is a new design with a contemporary look. It will be available online and in stores shortly. It will retail for R545.00.