Scott Spark 940
Since July, when the new Scott Spark range was announced, I've been itching to give one a ride. Scott took a leap with the 2017 Spark range, making a big departure from the previous design, with a whole new suspension layout plus more travel, an aggressive longer and slacker geometry, and modern standards like Boost axle spacing and metric shocks.
We are reviewing the Scott Spark 940 which is the top specification aluminium frame model. It is well equipped with a Shimano XT drivetrain, a Fox 34 fork paired with a Fox Nude shock both set to 120 mm, and Fox's Transfer adjustable seat post. The cockpit and rims (with Shimano hubs) are from Scott's Syncros range.
The Scott Spark 940 retails for R46,000 and is available from your local Scott dealer.
Scott Spark 940 specifications:
- FrameSpark 3 Alloy SL 6011; custom butted Hydroformed tubes; tapered Headtube / BB92 / DM hanger; dropouts for 148x12mm
- ForkFOX 34 Float Performance Air; Grip 3 / 3-Modes / 15x110mm QR axle / tapered steerer; Reb. Adj. / Lockout / 120mm travel
- ShockFOX NUDE Trunnion; SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj.; 3 modes: Lockout - Traction Control -Descend; DPS / EVOL / Reb. Adj.; Travel 120 - 85 - Lockout / 165X45mm
- Remote SystemSCOTT TwinLoc Remote Technology; 3 modes front and rear / integ. Grip clamp
- HeadsetSyncros Pro Press Fit / Tapered 1.5" - 1 1/8"; OD 50/61mm / ID 44/55mm
- Rear DerailleurShimano XT RD-M8000 SGS; DM / Shadow Plus / 22 Speed
- Front DerailleurShimano XT FD-M8020-D / side swing
- ShiftersShimano XT SL-M8000-B-I / Rapidfire Plus; 2 way releaseIspec 2 clamp
- BrakesShimano M615 Disc; 180mm F & R / SM-RT64 CL Rotor
- CranksetShimano XT FC-M8000-B2 / Hollowtech 2; 900 Series: 34x24 T
- BB-SetShimano BB-MT500-PA / shell 41x92mm
- HandlebarSyncros FL2.0 T-Bar / Alloy 6061; T shape Flat / 9° / 740mm; Syncros Pro lock-on grips
- StemSyncros FL2.0 / 6061 Alloy; 6° / integrated Top Cup / 31.8mm / 1 1/8"
- SeatpostFOX Transfer Dropper Remote; 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M, L & XL 125mm
- SeatSyncros XR2.0 / CROM rails
- Front HubShimano HB-M618-B CL / 15x110mm
- Rear HubShimano FH-M618-B CL / Boost 12x148mm RWS axle
- ChainKMC X11L
- CassetteShimano SLX CS-M7000 / 11-42 T
- SpokesDT Swiss Champion Black 1.8mm
- RimsSyncros X-23 / 32H / Tubeless ready
- TyresMaxxis Forekaster / 2.35 / 120TPI Kevlar Bead TR Tubeless Ready / EXO / 3C maxx speed
- Claimed weight13.1 kg
- Retail PriceR46,000
Volvo bike rack
Volvo bike racks aim to provide a safe and convenient way of transporting your bikes. These racks attach to the cars towing hitch. The racks feature rubber coated frame holders and wheel ratcheting straps to secure the bike in place. The wheel holders are adjustable to easily fit your bike's wheelbase. Should you need to get into the back, the bike rack can be tilted to allow the boot door to open. Both the rack and the frame holders are lockable.
The Volvo bike racks are currently available from CMH Volvo Dealers in Cape Town and Johannesburg at the following prices:
2 Bike - R6,200 (Including Electrical Adaptor)
3 Bike - R7,950 (Including Electrical Adaptor)
4 Bike - R9,650 (Including Electrical Adaptor)
MRP Ramp Control Cartridge
The MRP Ramp Control Cartridge brings custom on-the-trail tuning to certain RockShox forks. The Ramp Control Cartridge helps with setting end-stroke control and bottom-out force.
The major benefit here is convenience. Instead of playing with internal volume spacers which require you to dismantle the fork, the Ramp Control Cartridge allows you to make similar adjustments by turning a knob. Great for making adjustments to changing trail conditions or simply experimenting with your fork's settings.
The MRP Ramp Control Cartridge is compatible with the current generation Pike, Lyrik, Yari, and Boxxer World Cup forks (Solo-Air models only) and retails for R2,600.