Juliana are a sister company to Santa Cruz, and make bicycles for women. Proper grown-up mountain bikes, designed to be ridden. No cheap sports bikes, painted pink here.
They use the same frame geometry and suspension design as Santa Cruz, but the major difference lies in the suspension tune, based on research showing that women are on average 30 pounds (approximately thirteen kilograms) lighter than a male counterpart. The contact points: grips and saddle have also been developed with women in mind.
The Furtado is a 130 mm travel, 650b trail bike, equivalent to the Santa Cruz 5010. It makes use of the latest generation of the renown Virtual Pivot Point (VPP) suspension system design, with boost rear axle spacing for maximum stiffness, meaning it is bang up to date with industry trends. A 67-degree head angle and short 425 millimetre chainstays mean the Furtado has been designed with fun in mind, and I am expecting agile handling, and some serious attitude when pointed downhill.
Our build comes kitted with a SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain, a Fox 34 Float Factory fork, and Fox Float Performance Elite shock. Easton Arc 24 wheels wrapped in Maxxi's rubber, SRAM Guide RSC brakes, and a 150 mm RockShox Reverb dropper post complete the package. At this point, there is nothing on the setup that I would want to change.
This will be the first time I have had more than a few weeks to play with a bike this capable, and I feel like a kid in a candy store. Time to throw my comfort zone out the window, and make the most of the hard work put in by the Santa Cruz and Juliana engineers. See you on the trails!
- FrameJuliana Furtado Carbon CC
- Rear ShockFox Float Performance Elite 130
- ForkFox 34 Float Factory 130
- HeadsetCane Creek 40 series tapered, cartridge bearing
- StemRaceface Turbine Basic 35mm clamp
- HandlebarSanta Cruz Carbon; 760mm; 35mm clamp
- GripsJuliana single sided lock-on
- SaddleJuliana Primeiro Saddle
- SeatpostRock Shox Reverb Stealth; 150mm
- BrakesSRAM Guide RSC; Avid Centerline Rotors; 180mm
- ShifterSRAM X01 Eagle
- Rear DerailleurSRAM X01 Eagle
- CassetteSRAM XG1295; 10-50t
- ChainSRAM X01 Eagle Powerlock
- CranksetSRAM X1 Eagle Carbon; 32t
- RimsEaston ARC 24
- Front HubDT Swiss 350 110x15
- Rear HubDT Swiss 350 148x12
- Front TyreMaxxis Minion DHF EXO TR; 27.5x2.3
- Rear TyreMaxxis Ardent Race EXO; 27.5x2.35
- Retail PriceR122 995
Find out more:
To learn more about the Juliana Furtado and other Santa Cruz or Juliana bikes, check out the Juliana Bicycles website or contact Rush Sports.
You can also follow the latest news from Juliana Bicycles on the following channels: