Other than the lack of an integrated seatpost, the fundamentals of the Advanced 2 are the same as the SL: the frame geometry is identical and they share aero profiled tubes, oversized head tube and bearings, hidden brakes and profiled bars. For the ladies, looking for an aero road bike, Giant has added an Envie Advanced to their Liv range.
There is no excess on the frame with lots of attention to detail and, in keeping with the aero nature of the frame, everything is neatly tucked away behind or under a sculptured tube. The only oddity seems to be the loop the rear derailleur outer makes from the handlebar to where it disappears into the top tube behind the steerer tube. In terms of aero gain that's the place to do it as it's already in "dirty" air, but I'll try to see if I can get it a bit less unsightly.
Powering the Advanced 2 is Shimano's excellent 11-speed 105 groupset. Except for the KMC chain and Sapim spokes, the rest of the kit all comes from Giant's own range of gear. On first inspection nothing looks or feels out of place.
I will be riding the Prop Advanced 2 over the next couple of months and will report back on it's ride, specifically on-road feel. It has already passed the looks test with flying colours.
RRP: R 27,495.00
Weight: 8.42kg (Actual weight including 2 bottle cages and pedals)
- SizesXS, S, M, ML, L, XL
- ColoursComp (Matte/Gloss), Blue (Matte/Gloss)
- FrameAdvanced-Grade Composite
- ForkAdvanced-Grade Composite, Hybrid OverDrive Steerer
- HandlebarGiant Connect
- StemGiant Connect, ±8-degree rise
- SeatpostGiant Vector Composite
- SaddleGiant Performance Men's, Manganese rails
- ShiftersShimano 105, 11-speed
- Front DerailleurShimano 105, 11-speed
- Rear DerailleurShimano 105, 11-speed
- BrakesGiant SpeedControl SL
- Brake LeversShimano 105
- CassetteShimano 105 11-28, 11s
- ChainKMC X11L
- CranksetShimano RS500, 34/50
- Bottom BracketShimano, Press Fit
- RimsGiant P-A2
- HubsGiant Performance Tracker Road, Sealed Bearing
- SpokesSapim Race
- TyresGiant P-R3, Flat Guard, front and rear specific, 700x23
From the Manufacturer:
Escape from the pack, its just you against the wind. Sprints, attacks or solo rides find your edge with this class-leading aero road bike.
- Stiff enough to transfer power to the pedals, forgiving enough to keep you comfortable during long training efforts. A class-leading aerodynamic road frame module based on extensive wind tunnel testing-that’s Propel Advanced.
- Lightweight Advanced-grade composite frameset
- Aerodynamic shaping throughout including headtube, downtube, seatstays, fork and seattube
- Aerodynamic composite seatpost for maximum aero’ advantage
- Internal cable routing and aero brake system-no detail overlooked