Froome turned down TUE on 2015 Tour on...

Press Office's Photo Press Office 08 Jan 2017

Britain's triple Tour de France champion Chris Froome declined a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) during the 2015 race because he didn't think it was right morally, he told the BBC on Friday.

Click here to view the article

rock's Photo rock 08 Jan 2017

froome-inhaler22.png

Wahoofish's Photo Wahoofish 08 Jan 2017

A sideways swipe at Mr Wiggins perhaps - lol

Delgado's Photo Delgado 08 Jan 2017

It appears that a vital quality in the make up of a professional cyclist is the ailment of asthma?!?
Edited by Delgado, 08 January 2017 - 10:20 .

carbon29er's Photo carbon29er 08 Jan 2017

What BS. He was so ill he apparently needed a TUE, refused it and went on to finish 5th on the Alpe not far enough behind Quintana to lose the tour. And dropped very little time in that final week when he was apparently ill enough to get a TUE.

If that was sick enough to get a TUE then the system is as farked as we know it is.

Kalahari Vegmot's Photo Kalahari Vegmot 08 Jan 2017

I really want to believe this is true... But honestly there are just so many of these cases already that it's hard to believe, even though you want to...

I just wish we could have the full truth once-perhaps an athlete who shares all his training and diet data willingly, and takes nothing that even looks shady, oh how I wish...

Pah Bear's Photo Pah Bear 08 Jan 2017

He said he thinks the system is questionable thus all the discussion. So you just repeating the man. Can't really see why you think it's all BS. The guys been spat at, chucked with p and more and if he felt that he'd rather not do anything that could be considered questionable by the conspiracy brigade, why the serious degree of disbelief Mr Conspiracy?

EmptyB's Photo EmptyB 08 Jan 2017

Damned if you do...damned if you don't!

Delgado's Photo Delgado 08 Jan 2017

Heard from a medical practitioner that if anyone requires some of the medications listed under TUE's the individual would be in no condition to stand up let alone race up an Alpe on the blade...........

Sharkie 2's Photo Sharkie 2 08 Jan 2017

Been said many times before...these okes are not clean no matter how hard they preach it.

This whole Sky team is a replay of the US Postal Team of Armstrong

Eugene's Photo Eugene 09 Jan 2017

So, he refused to accept the TUE because it was immoral. But......he did accept the TUE in previous events, which he won.

Is he stating that he was not moral back then?

Next thing is why state that it is not moral to take medicine when you are sick? Unless, you are taking medicine when you are not really sick.

Was he sick or was he immoral when he had the TUE in those previous races?

Gen's Photo Gen 09 Jan 2017

The guys just needs to eat more then he won't get sick in the last week of a GT.

'Dale's Photo 'Dale 09 Jan 2017

Froome Dawg is distancing himself from Wiggo and, to a degree, Brailsford.

Let's see where this takes his career.

#politics

Froome Dawg is distancing himself from Wiggo and, to a degree, Brailsford.

Let's see where this takes his career.

#politics

Yip, in all fairness he has said before (before this Wiggo stuff) that the TUE system needs changing (This was after this own whole TUE saga).

Personally I don't think athletes should be allowed to miss any tests.. but hey that's probably also not realistic and things often happen that could cause a missed test.. snuggling your wife not being one of them.
Edited by Gen, 09 January 2017 - 07:29 .

'Dale's Photo 'Dale 09 Jan 2017

Yip, in all fairness he has said before (before this Wiggo stuff) that the TUE system needs changing (This was after this own whole TUE saga).

Personally I don't think athletes should be allowed to miss any tests.. but hey that's probably also not realistic and things often happen that could cause a missed test.. snuggling your wife not being one of them.

I think Froome Dawg has done well to assure the fans of "this jersey will stand the test of time".

Politically, I think he is distancing himself from Team Sky and British Cycling in the process.

They are under severe pressure.

Lots of issues from TUE-gate to Wiggo-gate to Sexism to 'conflict of interest between British Cycling and the Skyborgs 

Let's see where it all goes

I think he signed a two year contract last year?

I think Froome Dawg has done well to assure the fans of "this jersey will stand the test of time".

Politically, I think he is distancing himself from Team Sky and British Cycling in the process.
They are under severe pressure.
Lots of issues from TUE-gate to Wiggo-gate to Sexism to 'conflict of interest between British Cycling and the Skyborgs

Let's see where it all goes

I think he signed a two year contract last year?

Ja think so too.. I honestly can't see him riding for another team though. That said..Sky will come under a lot of pressure for the next year more so than ever and I reckon all eyes will be on anything that looks half dodge. How they deal with it is the question, so far Brailsford has dealt with it terribly. Perhaps a change of management could be on the cards?