Training room setup

mtgoat's Photo mtgoat 28 Jul 2017

I have an outside room at my house that i want to convert into an area for indoor training (yes permission has been granted from the Mrs). So this is a different kind of build. What would you do if you had a dedicated room? If you already have one pictures would be cool to see. But I am looking for ideas/thoughts. My list to start:

Rubber flooring (NEED TO FIND)

Gaming pc for Zwift (NEED TO FIND/BUILD)

All current gear

Good fan.

I will post pictures of the room as I go.

Edited by mtgoat, 28 July 2017 - 08:29 .

Ofaniy's Photo Ofaniy 28 Jul 2017

Mirrors everywhere....

Escapee..'s Photo Escapee.. 28 Jul 2017

DIsco ball

fanievb's Photo fanievb 28 Jul 2017

I have an outside room at my house that i want to convert into an area for indoor training (yes permission has been granted from the Mrs). So this is a different kind of build. What would you do if you had a dedicated room? If you already have one pictures would be cool to see. But I am looking for ideas/thoughts. My list to start:

Rubber flooring (NEED TO FIND) Builders Warehouse

Gaming pc for Zwift (NEED TO FIND/BUILD) Normal Laptop with HDMI to small TV

All current gear

Good fan. Get two

enjoy the build.

Escapee..'s Photo Escapee.. 28 Jul 2017

All current gear

Good fan.

Sounds like a cool project

Keep us updated

Kalahari Vegmot's Photo Kalahari Vegmot 28 Jul 2017

You will need this:
images (1).jpg

Otero's Photo Otero 28 Jul 2017

All current gear

Good fan.

Get rubber flooring from lock floors. did my whole garage (3 x 6 m ) with 500x 500 x 5mm tiles for 3500 delivery from JHB to CPT included. (2 years ago)

http://lockfloors.co...CFQ4TGwod2kQHdg

Schnavel's Photo Schnavel 28 Jul 2017

Don't forget to get a surround sound system - you need some pumping music to keep you motivated!

Ulle's Photo Ulle 28 Jul 2017

Aircon

mtgoat's Photo mtgoat 28 Jul 2017

Aircon

Fans will have to do at this time. Smart trainer before aircon, room before smart trainer

ASG's Photo ASG 28 Jul 2017

mmm i don't think you need a gaming PC for zwift, You can make it work on something WAYYYY cheaper, 

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Graphics: 1GB dedicated GPU, or embedded Intel HD 4000/AMD R5 
  • Hard Drive: 4GB of free space

This is the minimum requirements for Zwift, Maybe looking at R3k so spend the rest of the cash on a nic BEEEEG TV and a super sound system to gooi Metalica when slamming that interval

and a then with the change you can afford a BKOOL indoor trainer :whistling:  

Edited by ASG, 28 July 2017 - 09:24 .

Brooks42's Photo Brooks42 28 Jul 2017

Might get a few ideas here: https://www.bikehub....e/?hl=pain cave

Cyclewizz's Photo Cyclewizz 28 Jul 2017

you can run zwift from your phone / tablet.

JacBrand's Photo JacBrand 28 Jul 2017

I would insulate the walls and ceiling properly as well (something like Isoboard).

You also need a zink / prepbowl

V12man's Photo V12man 28 Jul 2017

If you must have rubber floors - fine ones you can clean easily with a mop - those bumps are terrible to clean - always looks half clean.... perhaps a smooth vinyl floor or tile would be  better.

And you need a decent sound setup... and good wifi.... perhaps more than 1 fan as well.

mecheng89's Photo mecheng89 29 Jul 2017

Best of luck! I'm planning something identical in 2018, so will be following with supreme interest!