Product Reviews

Review: BLS VeloRacing bag

Bike Hub Features's Photo Bike Hub Features 07 Mar 2017

The BLS VeloRacing bag is designed, manufactured, and distributed by Cape Town based company Black Line Sprinting. The bag is an all-in-one cycling travel bag and manages to hit the nail on the head with its convenient design.

Click here to view the article

V12man's Photo V12man 07 Mar 2017

Full face is impossible I guess...

mecheng89's Photo mecheng89 07 Mar 2017

Kitbrix vs. BLS?

Long Wheel Base's Photo Long Wheel Base 07 Mar 2017

Got one of these last week. So according to the airlines it is too big for carry-on. The length and width are ok but it is too high. My toppie left earlier this morning to cape town on SAA and they gave him no problems taking it on board and it fitted just fine in the over head compartment of the AIrbus 340-600. I am going down on Friday with mango so lets hope that A, they let me take it on board and B, the overhead compartment on the Boeing 737-800 is the same size. I could easily go check on one of the planes in for maintenance but all I need is a sticky cabin attendant and all my valuable kit goes into the cargo hold.......

Kalahari Vegmot's Photo Kalahari Vegmot 07 Mar 2017

Looks like a really neat idea, I like it! But size 5??? Johjohjoh......

mecheng89's Photo mecheng89 07 Mar 2017

Purchased a Kitbrix bag, will give feedback on overall size, compartment sizes etc. Once it arrives! 

Kylie's Photo Kylie 07 Mar 2017

Got one of these last week. So according to the airlines it is too big for carry-on. The length and width are ok but it is too high. My toppie left earlier this morning to cape town on SAA and they gave him no problems taking it on board and it fitted just fine in the over head compartment of the AIrbus 340-600. I am going down on Friday with mango so lets hope that A, they let me take it on board and B, the overhead compartment on the Boeing 737-800 is the same size. I could easily go check on one of the planes in for maintenance but all I need is a sticky cabin attendant and all my valuable kit goes into the cargo hold.......

I'd be interested to hear how it goes. Good luck!

Kylie's Photo Kylie 07 Mar 2017

Full face is impossible I guess...

Yup, going to need a gravity version of the bag for that 

matt_defreitas's Photo matt_defreitas 07 Mar 2017

Size 5 fits easily, up to bigger size 11 fits, so no issues!

Looks like a really neat idea, I like it! But size 5??? Johjohjoh......

samson99's Photo samson99 07 Mar 2017

Purchased a Kitbrix bag, will give feedback on overall size, compartment sizes etc. Once it arrives! 

Cost? from where?

V12man's Photo V12man 07 Mar 2017

I have been using 1 of these lately - http://bikebag.co.za/#home - you may want to review that too - also a local product - and it fits a full face.

shaper's Photo shaper 07 Mar 2017

I use an Evoc transition bag for both triathlons and cycling. https://www.evobikes...sition-bag.html

Frank.Hutt's Photo Frank.Hutt 07 Mar 2017

Cost? from where?

http://sport.takealo.../?brand=Kitbrix

Long Wheel Base's Photo Long Wheel Base 08 Mar 2017

I'd be interested to hear how it goes. Good luck!

I will report back after my flight on Friday.

Long Wheel Base's Photo Long Wheel Base 13 Mar 2017

So it fits in a 737-800 overhead compartment BUT only just. Leaving Joburg the ramp agents and cabin crew didn't even notice that it was on the size limit. Leaving Cape Town the ramp agent looked at it but deemed it ok.

Kylie's Photo Kylie 13 Mar 2017

So it fits in a 737-800 overhead compartment BUT only just. Leaving Joburg the ramp agents and cabin crew didn't even notice that it was on the size limit. Leaving Cape Town the ramp agent looked at it but deemed it ok.

Awesome, good to know- thanks!