Berg and Bush 2 day first timer

bladeza's Photo bladeza 11 Oct 2017

Hi I have entered the B&B 2 day and have not received my seeding and GPS files anything to worry about or is this normal?

Thanks

Berg Man's Photo Berg Man 11 Oct 2017

Your best bet would be to contact them directly. They will be best placed to advise on this.

VicanZA's Photo VicanZA 11 Oct 2017

you plan on winning it and need to start in A batch? just follow the long line of riders. 

bladeza's Photo bladeza 11 Oct 2017

ha ha nope just need to make sure there is beer left when i get there

chainsaw's Photo chainsaw 11 Oct 2017

Last year Garmin was at the start and facilitated the downloading of the route for those who had not yet done so.

CASSIE1975's Photo CASSIE1975 11 Oct 2017

Hi I have entered the B&B 2 day and have not received my seeding and GPS files anything to worry about or is this normal?

Thanks

NOTHING to worry about...you get you number and seeding at registration Friday afternoon and then just fall in line in your batch (A, B, C...) the next morning.

No GPS needed for the 2-day event...just follow the guys and gals in front of you...

madbradd's Photo madbradd 11 Oct 2017

Just finished the Descent on the weekend. You'll be fine without GPS. Never had to look at my navigation screen once, lots of riders and enough trail marking to keep you going :)

River Rat's Photo River Rat 11 Oct 2017

There's an option to download the files from www.easybike.co.za/trails, the app didn't work for me on the first try but it did on the second. Anyway we'll see you down there it's my 3rd this time with my wife it should be a blast. I've got a pink slip for the Puffadder descent and the drop off the mountain on day 2, my Stumpjumper started purring when I walked passed it this morning!

Richard29's Photo Richard29 11 Oct 2017

puffadders pass......

cant wait..... 5 min of pure bliss

CASSIE1975's Photo CASSIE1975 11 Oct 2017

puffadders pass......

cant wait..... 5 min of pure bliss

Some of my friends could not ride Pufadder and Mikes pass today because of weather and being so WET...but they say the sun is out and the weekend should be ready for awesome riding!!! Enjoy... :thumbup:

River Rat's Photo River Rat 11 Oct 2017

Some of my friends could not ride Pufadder and Mikes pass today because of weather and being so WET...but they say the sun is out and the weekend should be ready for awesome riding!!! Enjoy... :thumbup:

Mikes is on the south side of the mountain and will most likely stay wet, Puff adder is on the north side so here's hoping that it dries out but I see more rain is forecast for Thursday night and Friday morning. Those round rocks are already a bit tricky, add a bit of water and we're going to be tested :unsure:

Li Mu Bai's Photo Li Mu Bai 11 Oct 2017

2 DAY Event route is marked, no GPS needed.

All your goodies are collected at registration.

Remember to spend as much time as possible in the chill zone, the sponsored beer and snacks are truly amazing.

Mr lee's Photo Mr lee 11 Oct 2017

Apparently no sponsored beer this year...but discounted!

Weather not looking great for Friday and Saturday but Sunday looks to be a scorcher!...well according to this weather app I am using anyway  ^_^

Will be mine and the wife's first time too....and she is not a fan of mud  :P

Nakoota's Photo Nakoota 11 Oct 2017

Just did the 3 day descent, GPS files only came out Wednesday for the Friday start. Race number will be sms'd to you.

Mr lee's Photo Mr lee 12 Oct 2017

Just received race number and start time....I must be right at the back...at least I can have a nice chilled big breakfast  :devil:

River Rat's Photo River Rat 12 Oct 2017

H batch for us.